Chocolate & Oats Winter Smoothie
Who said smoothies were only for summer?
With only 7 ingredients and all the good stuff of breakfast combined, we came across this recipe on Kitchen Sanctuary and fell in love!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 15g of dark chocolate
- 200ml of almond milk
- 20g of rolled oats
- 1/2 a ripe medium banana
- 5g chia seeds
- 6 almonds
- 20ml cold water
1. Add dark chocolate to a jug and pour in almond milk. Microwave to melt the chocolate and warm the milk.
2. Place banana, oats, chia seeds, almonds and water into the blender. Add approx. a 5th of the almond milk mix to the blender (add a splash of cool water if you think the liquid may be too warm.
WARNING: Do not fill your smoothie maker with boiling liquid! To avoid shattering the glass and building up pressure, check your machines settings first.
3. Blend on high for 1 minute or until chia seeds and oats have completely mixed through.
4. While this is blending, heat the remaining almond milk chocolate mix until hot, but not boiling.
5. Pour the blended goodness into a cup, stir in the warm milk mix and serve by sprinkling oats and cocoa on top!
This is the perfect smoothie to share with your dance friends the morning after a sleep over. Tag them below. Yum!