We are so excited for Easter! It is one of the only times in the year that you can eat as much chocolate as you like without feeling guilty. We love to stay healthy but a few little treats won't hurt. These chocolate coconut nests are perfect and easy to make ready for this weekend.
INGREDIENTS (Makes 8)
- 3 cups of shredded coconut
- 300g good quality milk chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 100g 70% cocoa dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 1/2 cup of thickened cream
- 8 scoops vanilla ice-cream
- 250g of strawberries, cut into small pieces
1. Toast coconut in a large, non stick frying pan on medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until golden. Move coconut from pan onto a plate (to avoid burning)
2. Place milk chocolate in a microwave safe and heat proof bowl. Microwave uncovered for 1- 2 minutes on medium heat. Stir until melted and smooth.
3. Mix coconut and chocolate together.
4. Line a baking tray with foil. Use a spoon to create the nests (you can use egg rings for shape and size). Use the back of the spoon to create an indentation in the middle of each nest. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
5. Meanwhile, place ice-cream on a foil lined tray (in separate scoops). Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
6. Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe and heat proof bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring with until almost melted. Stir until smooth.
7. When ready to serve, place 1 ice-cream scoop on each chocolate nest. Drizzle with dark chocolate and add strawberries!
Serve with your favourite easter eggs or other fruit. This recipe can be found on taste.com.au.
We hope everyone has a safe, fun and lovely easter!
Lots of love, the DZ team x